Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent cooperative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 70 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada.
Join Our Team!
Ready to lead in financial control and reporting? Elevate your career in financial leadership. We are looking to add strength to our Finance Team and are delighted to extend this exceptional opportunity to join our esteemed, dynamic, and forward-thinking organization. Take the next step in advancing your career with us.
The Corporate Controller is the senior member of the Finance Team reporting directly to the CFO. This position will provide leadership to accounting staff at all company locations. The position collaborates with Senior Management and the Finance Team to ensure financial reporting is done on a timely basis and in compliance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises, and Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
Please Note: This position can be centered out of Charlottetown OR Summerside, PEI.
The Corporate Controller evaluates and consults with other managers. This position’s special area of interest is providing financial and accounting reports to properly evaluate the company’s performance relative to the operating plan.
In addition to providing internal accounting reports, the Corporate Controller is also responsible for reporting the financial results of operations to the CFO and other stakeholders. The Corporate Controller ensures that the company's accounting system provides the necessary information for the preparation of all tax returns. Audited financial reports and tax returns are usually prepared in consultation with a public accountant.
Other duties typically include protecting the company's assets through internal controls, policies, procedures, and auditing functions. In addition, the controller will advise on regulatory oversight, information system requirements, strategic planning, and capital spending.
- A post-secondary degree in a related field (Business Administration or Commerce) and a professional accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset.
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, and business planning.
- Experience with coaching and development of employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner.
- Proven effective decision-making, problem-solving capabilities along with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and accounting-based software.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by email at [email protected] by Thursday, November 30, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.