Gain valuable experience and develop your potential working in a public company environment. This challenging position offers the opportunity to play a key role as part of a highly skilled team and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
The corporate finance group supports all of the public company reporting requirements for the company as well as the operations in New Brunswick and Maine. The successful candidate can be based in Fredericton or Edmundston, New Brunswick.
- Oversee the monthly financial close and prepare monthly internal reporting
- Prepare quarterly external financial reporting including financial statements, MD&A and other public disclosures
- Have primary responsibility for overall maintenance of the general ledger
- Supervise accounting staff
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the system of internal controls
- Work closely with external independent auditors and assist in annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Assist with preparation and implementation of annual budget and regular forecasts
- Assist with corporate tax provisions and compliance requirements
- Research and evaluate significant accounting transactions and implement relevant IFRS technical standards
- Assist with other accounting and finance special projects
- Hold a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience directly related to the position
- Possess a solid understanding of IFRS
- Be skilled in Microsoft Excel and other Office suite products
- Possess strong English written and oral communication skills
- Be detailed and results oriented with the ability to prioritize
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Skills considered an asset
- Public company reporting exposure
- Experience with accounting software (Microsoft GP would be a significant asset)
- Experience with external relations
- Experience in the forestry industry
- Bilingualism (English/French)
Applicants are requested to submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected] in strict confidence, by Monday, May 22, 2023.
While only those selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all applicants for their interest.
Acadian Timber is an equal opportunity employer.
Acadian Timber Corp. (TSX:ADN) is one of the largest timberland owners in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern U.S. and has a total of approximately 2.4 million acres of land under management. Acadian owns and manages approximately 761,000 acres of freehold timberlands in New Brunswick, approximately 300,000 acres of freehold timberlands in Maine and provides timber services relating to approximately 1.3 million acres of Crown licensed timberlands in New Brunswick. Acadian’s products include softwood and hardwood sawlogs, pulpwood, and biomass by-products, sold to approximately 90 regional customers.
Acadian’s business strategy is to maximize cash flows from its existing timberland assets through sustainable forest management and other land use activities while growing its business by acquiring assets and actively managing these assets to drive improved performance.