Allen, Paquet & Arseneau LLP is the largest bilingual full-service accounting firm in Northern New Brunswick. We have over 65 professionals located in our three offices located in Bathurst, Campbellton and Miramichi, New Brunswick. We are strong supporters of our local communities, and have a very vibrant and dynamic staff. We invest in new technologies, and promote work-life balance by offering flexible working conditions. We welcome and embrace diversity in the workplace.
By joining our professional team, you will help by providing an objective and independent service that will allow our clients to meet their reporting requirements and make informed business decisions based on sound accounting data. You will be part of a team of over 65 employees that are making a positive impact in their respective communities. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences and custom mentoring.
We are looking for candidates to join our team at each of our three locations!
- Planning and preparing financial statements with appropriate note disclosures;
- Planning and executing fieldwork assignments including budget and resource needs;
- Working with clients under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors;
- Providing recommendations and solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions;
- Analyzing and completing corporate and personal income tax returns;
- Analyzing financial statements;
- Working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service;
- Supervision of junior accounting staff.
- Designated CPA or experienced accountant with at least 3 years of experience working in public accounting setting;
- Experience with audits, reviews and/or compilation engagements;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Bilingualism (English and French) is strong asset;
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills;
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions;
- Experience analyzing and preparing personal, trust and corporate tax returns is an asset;
- Working Knowledge of Taxprep, Caseware, Sage 50 and Quickbooks software is considered an asset;
- Experience as an Audit Manager/Senior is an asset.
Employment benefits and working conditions
- Group insurance (drugs, dental, accident illness, travel, long-term salary insurance) and pension plan;
- Ability to work remotely, as needed;
- Social committee and regional activities;
- Holiday break (offices closed between Christmas and New Year's Day);
- Annual allowance for fitness;
- Reduced summer and fall hours (Office closed on Fridays in July & August; closed Friday afternoons from September to December).
All those interested in applying for the position are invited to send their C.V. with cover letter to [email protected] and reference the Senior Accountant position in the e-mail’s subject and preferred location applying for.
Please note: Only successful applicants moving forward to an interview will be contacted.