The successful candidate will be responsible to plan, co-ordinate, direct and provide leadership in financial and administrative non-teaching operational services, including; budgeting and accounting, pupil transportation, and building maintenance.
As a member of the management team, assist the Superintendent in the establishment of short, medium and long-term plans, which are consistent with the goals, and objectives of the district and the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
Approximate financial extent: 29 schools, 1 district office, 6 alternative education centers, approximately 7743 students and a budget in excess of $115 million.
- Participate as a member of the management team to develop policies and procedures, goals and objectives;
- Implement all District Education Council and ministerial policies and guidelines, established laws and regulations, and district goals and objectives;
- Oversee the budget/accounting portfolio by means of approving and monitoring the annual work plan (goals/objectives/strategies) of the budget/accounting manager to ensure that required goods and services are provided within budgetary limits;
- Oversee the property services operation portfolio (building/grounds/related equipment) by means of approving and monitoring the annual work plan (goals/objectives/strategies) of the facilities manager to ensure a safe and healthy learning/work environment for students and staff;
- Oversee the pupil transportation operation portfolio by means of approving and monitoring the annual work plan (goals/objectives/strategies) of the pupil transportation manager to ensure a safe and efficient transportation service for students;
- Act as a resource person to school administrators in matters relating to all support services areas, to plan and review operations in relation to district goals and objectives;
- Act as a liaison with the department of education and early childhood development and other agencies;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education and training: Graduation from university with major course work in commerce, business, or public administration, and preferably Masters in Business Administration or accounting designation (CPA);
- Technical and managerial experience: 8-10 years' experience in a managerial/supervisory capacity. Sound financial/administrative foundation, the ability to make decisions quickly, be adaptable, be a team leader and possess excellent communication and analytical skills.
$3,994.00.00 - $4,498.00 bi-weekly (Pay Band 8).
Applications are to be received no later than Monday, February 19, 2024, at 4:30 pm. You must apply by submitting your application with a cover letter as well as a resume outlining your qualifications for the position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Subject to the response of this competition, education and/or experience requirements may be changed. Thank you in advance for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we promote a scent-free environment.