Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art processing plants in New Annan, PE, Lethbridge, AB, Wheatley, ON, and Jamestown, ND. The head offices located in Dieppe, NB and sales locations in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate must be customer focused, thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in accounting and working towards or desire to pursue a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting / Finance, or equivalent experience would be considered
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high quality work
- Drive and motivation to continually ensure integrity and improve financial reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly/monthly Financial Statements
- Manual invoices for internal and external customers
- Daily cash/bank reports
- Preparation of monthly journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of information required for annual tax package and internal/external audit
- Prepare internal and external reports and requests for information as required
- Internal controls and compliance monitoring
- Aid in annual budget process
- Identify improvements for accounting processes
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Cavendish Farms is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Hybrid Work Schedule (if applicable) to provide you the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.