Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art processing plants in New Annan, PE, Lethbridge, AB, Wheatley, ON, and Jamestown, ND. The head offices located in Dieppe, NB and sales locations in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting for internal and external users of financial information for the Cavendish Group of Companies by maintaining the integrity of our financial reporting system. In addition, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude, and will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Preparing and analyzing weekly and monthly financial statements
- Perform journal entries, variance analysis and account reconciliations
- Monitoring internal controls and compliance
- Aiding in the annual budgeting process
- Identifying accounting process improvements
- Developing information solutions for corporate decision makers and making recommendations for systems enhancements
- Post-secondary education in accounting with a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or working towards it
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong sense of urgency and detail-oriented, with a focus on delivering high quality work
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- Motivated to continually ensure integrity and improve financial reporting
Cavendish Farms is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Hybrid Work Schedule (if applicable) to provide you the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.