We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Controller at our Cape Bald Packers location in Cap-Pele, NB.
About the role
Reporting to the Controller of Cape Bald Packers, the successful candidate will play in an integral role in the day-to-day full cycle accounting process. In addition to preparation and review of account reconciliations, financial transactions, journal entries and financial statements, this individual will be responsible for the payment of the fishers and the reconciliation of their accounts.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 5 + years of full cycle accounting experience including preparation of account reconciliations, analysis and financial reporting;
- While a CPA designation is an asset, experienced candidates with a diploma or degree in Finance or Accounting would definitely be considered;
- Key skills would include critical thinking, problem solving, an acute attention to detail, data analysis and have strong Excel skills;
- Knowledge of Sage 300 and the seafood industry would be an asset;
- Being bilingual would be an asset.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. The position would include a hybrid work schedule, with a combination of working from the Cap Pele location and working from home.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team and are interested in this position, please send a letter and resume to Human Resources at [email protected] before November 4th, 2022.
Champlain Seafood is the parent company of Captain Dan’s Seafood, Cape Bald Packers, Cheticamp Fisheries, Riverside Lobster International, Boston Lobster, Boston Wholesale, Petit de Grat Packers and Lobsters’R’Us. We are one of the world’s largest processors of premium sustainable wild caught lobster and snow crab and purveyor of live lobster. We specializes in live trade, distribution and processing of lobster and snow crab sourced from the Canadian Maritimes and American Northeast. With 8 operating entities under its umbrella and 17 facilities strategically located in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Massachusetts, Champlain Seafood aims to be a trustworthy provider of quality seafood products to the world’s leading wholesalers and restaurant chains. From ocean to plate, we believe in building a family of liked minded people that support a strong culture of honoring tradition, while finding new ways to grow and succeed as a team.