This position reports to the Controller/Deputy Treasurer.
This position will act as a financial representative within the Finance Services area and acts as a liaison between Finance Services and other City of Moncton departments and associated entities. A key component of this role will be to provide Finance Services support and data analytics for various departments as assigned to the successful candidate. In addition, the successful candidate will be involved in numerous department and corporate initiatives and projects.
Working at the City of Moncton
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city’s reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position. The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance with the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
CHEA Collective Agreement
City of Moncton Salary and Wage Scale
- High School graduate or equivalency;
- Must possess a Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or degree in another related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is a requirement.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years related experience in a similar role and responsibilities;
- Experience and knowledge in asset management planning development, processes and systems is an asset.
- English essential. The ability to communicate in the French language would be an asset, but not a requirement.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong background in accounting and finance with experience in a budgetary and/or costing environment;
- Strong background with computerized financial systems with experience in financial report generation and systems development and implementation;
- Day to day duties require strong analytical skills, attention to detail, good judgment and individual initiative. Errors due to inaccuracy or carelessness could result in financial loss to the City;
- Some duties particularly those surrounding report and systems development and enhancement, require creativity and ingenuity;
- Effective interpersonal, writing, computer and oral presentation skills are essential;
- Above average experience with spreadsheet software packages (i.e., Microsoft Excel) and their advanced applications as well as other data gathering and analytical software.
- Frequent contacts with other Finance and Administration Department personnel, as well as senior and middle management of other department;
- Contacts with external auditors, other municipalities and some contact with the public at large.
- Supervision of support personnel required from time to time.
Conditions of work
- Normal working hours prevail under agreeable working conditions, in an open office environment and are covered under the CHEA/PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement;
- Some overtime required especially during the preparation of annual budgets;
- Concentration, accuracy and attention to details are required.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (506) 877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.