For over 45 years, Clearwater Seafoods has invested in sustainability, research, technology and innovative solutions impacting every aspect of the seafood industry from ocean to plate. Clearwater built its business with a willingness to take chances, develop new products and take them to new markets – key strategies it continues to practice today. Together we are building the world’s most extraordinary, wild seafood company, dedicated to Sustainable Seafood Excellence.
In January 2021, the Mi’kmaq Coalition partnered with Premium Brands to become our new owners. The Mi’kmaq Coalition was formed by seven Mi’kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador. and represents the single largest investment in the seafood industry by any Indigenous group in Canada. Premium Brands is a publicly traded company based in British Columbia which owns a broad range of leading specialty food manufacturing and differentiated food distribution businesses.
Clearwater is currently seeking a Vice President Finance, Global Markets and Global Supply Chain to join their leadership team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, and working with the Vice Presidents of Land Based Operations, Fleet, Sales and the Species teams, the Vice President is responsible for managing financial processes and ensuring the financial planning, analysis, budgeting, capital asset planning and forecasting needs are met by these internal customers of the global business.
This position plays a key role in the management team at Clearwater and requires exceptional leadership skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and a strong background in supply chain and commercial operations. Ultimately, the Vice President leads a strong team of finance professionals who are embedded in the land- and sea-based businesses to filter strategic advice to the CFO, CEO and other Executives on meeting critical KPIs and short- and long-term goals.
The right person for this role brings:
- A successful track record as a senior financial leader within a large, complex entrepreneurial company.
- CPA designation and a post-secondary degree.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in an FP&A role in a capital-intensive business.
- Curiosity about the business, and the ability to quickly understand the drivers behind operations on the ground.
- A knowledge of the ins and outs of every number and an ability to perform analyses on both ownership groups and non-finance operational teams.
- Knowledge of the food processing business or ability to come up to speed quickly.
- Exposure to the M&A due diligence and implementation and SAP experience are assets.
- You are energetic and excited for growth and development across the business. You dare to be brave and are curious about how things work – always looking for efficient ways to break things down and make them better.
- You treat the relationships you make across the organization like gold. You take leadership of your team very seriously, inspiring confidence through change and ensuring your team feels you are 100% committed to their development.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please apply at by clicking the "Apply Now" button above. For more information please contact Kevin Stoddart at [email protected] or Claire Holt at [email protected].
KBRS will also provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] or communicate your needs to the recruitment professionals named within this advertisement.