About the employer
We are the leading provider of smart logistics solutions, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services touches every aspect of life.
We're a global network of; 181 business units in 64 countries across six continents. From marine services and inland terminals to industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions.
Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 56,000 employees from 64 countries are committed to bringing every customer and partner unrivaled value.
We do this by building and growing long lasting relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading technology to create the smartest, most efficient and innovative trade solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
DP World is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize DP World to transmit and store your information in the world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
About the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the full cycle accounting of a business unit, process improvements, and leading and managing a team.
We will consider alternative work arrangements for candidates within New Brunswick to allow a more flexible hybrid work model, particularly for candidates based outside of Saint John.
- Work with the finance team to prepare accurate, timely and reliable monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports required by management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasting and statutory and internal audits; and tax reporting and compliance.
- Lead and manage the month end process including preparation and/or review of journal entries, working papers and spreadsheets to support reconciliations in accordance with guidelines.
- Develop business models, as necessary, to assist with strategic initiatives.
- Provide financial analysis and decision support to the executive team, and lead and participate in meetings as required.
- Provide leadership and create a rewarding team-based culture, including mentorship and development of staff.
- Positively drive agreed initiatives, propose new initiatives, and adopt a sense of continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in Finance or Accounting, combined with your Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience post-designation, preferably in industry.
- Proven experience and knowledge of IFRS and financial statement preparation.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and motivate a team. Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships both with and among team members.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, including the ability to work with all departments and levels.
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking that enables decision making, ability to manage projects and prioritize and manage timelines.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships and achieve buy in and ownership to quality standards/ initiatives.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion would be an asset.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous Canadian work experience or experience working directly with Canadian industries.
About the team
With a global reputation built on nearly a century of experience, DP World Canada also provides stevedoring services at ports and terminals throughout British Columbia. Our world-renowned professionals provide safe, innovative, and unsurpassed cargo handling trusted by top manufacturers around the world. We handle a wide range of cargoes such as breakbulk, yachts, roll-on roll-off and forest products. We are your global leader in container handling services.
Our corporate head office houses our Shared Services team and is ideally located in the Metrotown Office Complex which features convenient accessibility from Downtown Vancouver and all surrounding communities. The office complex directly connects to BC’s largest shopping center, provides access to the SkyTrain and is a quick stroll to Central Park.
Joining DP World means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, lifestyle spending account, pension with employer contributions, retirement savings plan, and support for professional development. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations, so we offer competitive total compensation packages.