FCNB is a leader in integrated financial and consumer services regulation. FCNB’s mandate is to protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplace through the provision of regulatory and educational services. With offices in both Fredericton and Saint John, it is responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation regulating mortgage brokers, payday lenders, real estate, securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and a wide range of consumer legislation. FCNB is an independent Crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by its regulated sectors.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
We are seeking an experienced professional to act as Compliance Officer in our Consumer Affairs Division. You will be responsible for conducting examinations of trust records and reviews of disclosure requirements to ensure compliance with applicable legislation. You will be responsible for interacting with licensees at senior management levels.
You possess excellent oral and written communications skills in both official languages, strong analytical skills and are detail oriented. You are able to work independently as well as in a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related field,
- An accounting designation (CPA) would be an asset,
- A minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or auditing,
- Experience in developing and implementing standard accounting audit procedures,
- Experience in providing detailed analysis on recommendations for compliance,
- Knowledge of consumer protection legislation and compliance/investigation practices would be a definite asset,
- Capable of taking the lead on complex assignments and providing direction and mentoring to other staff as required,
- Skilled at expressing issues in plain language,
- Willingness and availability to travel throughout the province.
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of this team, please forward your résumé and covering letter by September 25, 2023.
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.