The Fundy Harbour Group of companies are a locally owned and managed Saint John enterprise in the real estate sector. They specialize in real estate development, construction and property management. Their companies are growing and expanding by taking on a variety of large-scale projects including the Saint John City Hall refurbishment and the Fundy Quay Waterfront Project. We are pleased to be partnered with them to bring a highly skilled and talented Finance and Accounting Manager to their team. Working for this company you will be a part of a team who take pride in developing, constructing, and operating real estate assets to the highest possible standard.
We are looking for someone with great accounting experience, and real estate sector experience will be considered an asset. Someone who can work with owners, executives and managers to provide accurate financial analysis and information will thrive in this role. If you want to be a part of a growing company with exciting opportunities shaping the landscape of the city of Saint John, this is an amazing role for you. This role offers a hybrid working model.
The Finance and Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the accounting and financial operations of development and construction projects, as well as property management, including budgeting, cost tracking, and financial reporting.
- Monitoring project cash flows, preparing financial reports, and providing insights to support decision-making.
- Preparing and posting journal entries, including accruals, depreciation, and amortization.
- Maintaining accurate general ledger accounts for multiple properties, projects, and entities.
- Overseeing full-cycle accounting (AP and AR, inventory management, payroll, reconciliations, etc.)
- Assisting with issuing invoices and purchase orders, paying consultants, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for properties, construction projects, and investment portfolios.
- Analyzing financial data and provide variance analysis to identify trends and opportunities.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, provincial, and municipal tax regulations.
- Assisting in the filing of income, excise, and payroll tax returns.
- Collaborating with project managers, construction teams, and executives to create and monitor project budgets.
- Providing financial projections and support for decision-making processes.
- Ensuring compliance with industry-specific accounting standards and best practices in both real estate and construction.
- Developing financial management mechanisms and processes that minimize financial risk and improve efficiency.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with finance team, stakeholders and working collaboratively with all companies to promote the company’s policies and procedures while helping to implement best practice in the field of finance.
- CPA designation.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in financial reporting.
- Experience in real estate development, property management, and/or construction industries would also be an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, directors, vendors, staff, external partners, consultants and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, QuickBooks, ProCore and other financial software programs.
This is a great opportunity where you will be part of a supportive and dedicated team with an exceptional workplace culture. Fundy Harbour Group values and rewards initiative and strong work ethic. They offer a competitive salary, annual incentives, and benefits. Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a well established industry leader doing great work in Atlantic Canada.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at [email protected]. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.