As an Accounting Manager you will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations and establishment of systems and procedures for the fixed assets accounting team. You will lead a team of six, ensuring accurate accounting and reporting of assets. You’ll review and approve various accounting tasks, prepare external financial reports, and collaborate with internal teams.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of 6 accountants, consisting of 1 Senior Accountant, 4 Intermediate Accountants and 1 Junior Accountant;
- Ensure accurate accounting for and reporting of all Fixed Asset activity in Oracle;
- Ensure accurate accounting for and reporting of leased assets in accordance with IFRS 16;
- Review and approve accounting for environmental provisions;
- Work closely the Financial Standards Team to ensure the proper application of accounting standards;
- Review and approve monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations;
- Review and approve quarterly financial statement notes and analytic analysis;
- Prepare quarterly and monthly financial and other reporting as needed for external reporting;
- Ensure team’s compliance with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting;
- Work closely with capital project managers to ensure compliance with finance processes and accounting policies and accurate and timely information flow;
- Work closely with other internal groups (Tax, Central Service Reporting and Accounting, Operations) to ensure needed Fixed Asset information is provided timely and accurately;
- Provide fixed asset accounting training to non-financial business partners;
- Conduct annual year-end review for asset impairment indicators and prepare any needed impairment testing;
- Conduct an annual year-end review of asset useful lives working closely with operations;
- Record asset allocations for business combinations;
- Mentor and Supervise a CPA student.
- Good understanding of Oracle EBS (Projects and Assets) and knowledge of the capital project life-cycle an asset;
- Expert Microsoft Excel Skills;
- Strong technical accounting and analytic analysis skills and understanding of IFRS;
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- 5-8 years Accounting Experience;
- 2-5 years management experience.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation – Including an annual bonus plan, and pension plan.
- Flexible Benefits Plan – in effect from day one and offers three levels of coverage to select from to meet your unique, personal needs.
- Paid Vacation – Plus an annual option to purchase additional vacation, too.
- Wellness Support – With an annual wellness allowance, paid personal care days and a 24/7 Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunity to give back to some amazing causes in our community – Choose when and where to make an impact with a paid volunteer day, company volunteer opportunities, and a donation matching program.
Irving Oil is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thrive on the good energy that’s created when our people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and experiences share their unique perspectives. Diversity is key to our success and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
In a world increasingly engaged in taking action on global issues of climate change, social justice and good corporate governance, our organization has an important role to play. We are committed to being part of the solution, in providing the safe and reliable energy that people need, while taking concrete steps to evolve our business for the future - for our people, our customers and our communities, today and tomorrow.
Please take a look at our Sustainability Report to learn more about our commitment to our communities, and our planet.