As a Corporate Accountant you will be providing complex financial support and analyses to ensure timely and accurate completion of financial information. Your success will be defined by meeting the goals set with a focus on continued growth and development within your career.
- Prepare/review monthly recurring and ad hoc journal entries;
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes;
- Prepare/review financial statement note disclosures;
- Preparation and coordination of quarterly financial statement analysis;
- Prepare/review account reconciliations and perform investigation of outstanding and reconciling items;
- Providing information related to tax queries and supporting the tax provision process;
- Preparation of audit working papers for internal and external audits, when requested;
- Assist CPA student by providing support and guidance;
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analyses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Reliable self-starter with ability to work independently;
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or near completion of the CPA program;
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of accounting experience;
- Experience with Microsoft office tools.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation – Including an annual bonus plan, and pension plan.
- Flexible Benefits Plan – in effect from day one and offers three levels of coverage to select from to meet your unique, personal needs.
- Paid Vacation – Plus an annual option to purchase additional vacation, too.
- Wellness Support – With an annual wellness allowance, paid personal care days and a 24/7 Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunity to give back to some amazing causes in our community – Choose when and where to make an impact with a paid volunteer day, company volunteer opportunities, and a donation matching program.
Irving Oil is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thrive on the good energy that’s created when our people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and experiences share their unique perspectives. Diversity is key to our success and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
In a world increasingly engaged in taking action on global issues of climate change, social justice and good corporate governance, our organization has an important role to play. We are committed to being part of the solution, in providing the safe and reliable energy that people need, while taking concrete steps to evolve our business for the future - for our people, our customers and our communities, today and tomorrow.
Please take a look at our Sustainability Report to learn more about our commitment to our communities, and our planet.