MacDonald Applicators Ltd, located in McAllister Industrial Park, Saint John, New Brunswick, is a specialty contractor that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial and non-residential construction markets. We are committed to recruiting, developing and advancing employees from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, as well as supporting a culture of safety and inclusiveness that allows you to contribute to your fullest potential. We place high value on training and professional development, encouraging you to broaden and strengthen your unique skill sets so you can fully realize your potential.
MacDonald Applicators Ltd requires a full-time Accountant. This role is responsible for all financial functions related to collection, recording, analysis, accuracy and presentation of the company’s financial operations to both internal management and outside the organization, as directed by management. The role is responsible to ensure all financial records are maintained in compliance with lawful and accepted procedures and policies, including compliance with all government statutes, privacy protection requirements and carried out in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Overall financial data management and reporting requirements including: balancing and reconciliation of all G/L accounts with a monthly review to prepare accurate financial reporting as required by management and external sources.
- Accounts Payable cycle: Purchase order through to bill reconciliations, allocations and payments. Contact for vendor issues and inquiries.
- Accounts Receivable: working with Contract/Billing Administrator towards timely collections of A/R.
- Budget information for construction accounting software and job costing.
- Payroll & Benefits Administrator including time/payroll processing through to payments to employees, maintaining employee records, administration of benefits program and any other company benefits.
- Ensuring government compliance/reporting/payments as it relates to: Payroll, Work Safe, HST and Corporate requirements.
- Administrator for accounting construction software.
- Support to management, for day-to-day business requirements, project accounting and job costing.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and/or minimum (5) years related experience.
- Strong ability to plan, organize and prioritize with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with construction software will be an asset.
- Based on experience.
- Company benefits.
We thank you for your interest in our company. All qualified applicants will be considered; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to [email protected].