Medavie Health Services New Brunswick (MHSNB) is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated organization specializing in the delivery of primary health care services with the goal of facilitating access to quality care so that patients can achieve better health outcomes. MHSNB is fortunate to be able to count on the expertise of its employees who work passionately to build a healthier province.
Our company is currently looking for new team members to support its mission of providing excellence in emergency and community care within our various programs, namely Ambulance New Brunswick, the Extra-Mural Program and NB Health Link. Each advocates for a highly coordinated, quality service offering guided by a goal of continuous improvement across primary health care.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country’s most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Finance. Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, the Senior Manager of Finance is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day financial reporting functions of the EMP and HealthLink operations as well as supporting complex transactions of ANB. Major components of the position include overseeing the production of all internal financial reports and budgets, liaising with external auditors, ensuring accurate reporting and invoicing to clients, overseeing the funding process for EMP and HealthLink operations, coordinating any union retroactive payments and funding, acting as finance representative for any company projects, and supporting the Senior Management Team with financial deliverables.
This role will also be expected to act in the Executive Directors absence, as well as to ensure cross-functional support for ANB operations including the preparation of external financial statements. The fundamental management skills required include demonstrated leadership, strong financial skills, planning, organization, proficiency with financial systems, understanding contracts and project management capabilities.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly financial statements of the division to meet monthly reporting deadlines. Analyzes & reviews monthly financial statements including income statements & balance sheets and distributes reports on the financial results of the division.
- Reviews & oversees preparation of journal entries, balance sheet supporting schedules & working papers.
- Reviews & oversees preparation of annual budget for operating divisions.
- Ensures appropriate quarterly invoicing and reporting on various projects.
- Implements accounting and finance policies of the organization that are consistent with industry practice. Monitors and oversees compliance with these policies as they pertain to budgeting and accounting.
- Ensures that allocation of expenditures and receipts are consistent with defined practices and budgets.
- Implements appropriate internal accounting controls to improve internal business processes and to ensure the adequate protection of the company's assets.
- Understands all union collective agreements and provides costing leadership as well as project management support during retroactive payments.
- Assists in contract compliance functions as it pertains to financial matters.
- Ability to improve financial processes and functions.
- Possess an Undergraduate Degree in Business (Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration) with a concentration in accounting.
- Must have CPA designation or significant industry experience in a similar role.
- Minimum two years experience managing an accounting department, dealing with financial reporting and accounting services.
Knowledge & skills
- Must have strong technical abilities, be proficient in spreadsheet preparation and be comfortable in a computerized accounting environment requiring in depth knowledge of accounting system software and reporting tools.
- Detail oriented and a mature, self-motivated individual with exceptional organizational abilities.
- Effective written & oral communication skills.
- Leads financial reporting team members by example and practices good time management.
- Exercises discretion and can independently make judgments within the Company's accounting & reporting framework.
- Ability to develop & analyze options and make recommendations for a variety of staffing or financial reporting issues is required.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please apply now.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.