We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
All job applications must be submitted through the www.jobs.gc.ca system.
Testing/interviews will be conducted at locations of the employer's choice and may require candidates to travel to the test/interview location, Fredericton, N.B.
Please note that candidates (including persons employed in the Public Service) will not be considered to be in travel status or on government business and travel costs will not be reimbursed. Consequently, candidates will be responsible for travel costs.
** PLEASE ENSURE ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN YOUR WWW.JOBS.GC.CA PROFILE/ACCOUNT IS ACCURATE AND UPTO DATE.
**WE USE THE INFORMATION GENERATED BY THE SYSTEM FOR CONTACT AND SCREENING PURPOSES, NOT INFORMATION THAT ISFOUND ON YOUR RESUME/COVER LETTER.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Obtains, controls, evaluates and reports on financial information and ensures its validity and integrity, in support of assigned activities.
- Provides financial advice, guidance and coaching to assigned managers on the correct interpretation and application of financial policy, procedures, processes and methods for using systems.
- Participates in special financial management projects; conducts financial reviews, assessments and studies.
- Contributes to the development of financial processes and practices, and the development and implementation of approved financial policies, and monitors their effectiveness.
- Researches and extracts financial information and provides input to the preparation of reports and justifications, for internal and external audiences.
- Monitors financial activities and transactions, and maintains up-to-date financial and business information to assist assigned client managers.
Person (s) may be able to work Telework up to 2 days per week, upon approval of the manager.
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to create a pool of qualified candidates to staff temporary and/or permanent positions, (including acting appointments and deployments) .
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM. Information regarding the CM appointment will be sent to all applicable candidates who are within the area of selection and participated in the advertised process.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Successful completion of two years of a post-secondary program with specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics; or a Certificate in Financial Management from the Government of Canada.
- Candidates with foreign education credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency.
- At least one year of recent experience* in at least one of the following functional areas: Financial Planning, External Reporting, Internal Resource Management, Advisory Services, Accounting Operations, Financial Systems, Financial Policy, Costing, or Internal Controls**
- Recent experience* in extracting, compiling, analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports.
*Recent experience is defined as having performed these duties within the last 3 years.
**NOTE: The RCMP is following the Office of the Comptroller General's (OCG) Guideline on the Financial Officer (FI) Competency Implementation for the purposes of this competitive staffing process. For more information on the expectations for each behavioural and functional competency at the FI-01 level, please visit the following website at: https://finance-community.canada.ca/en/Careers-in-Finance/fi-01
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post secondary institute with specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics.
- Eligibility*** for a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA).
***Eligibility means that a candidate has met all academic and occupational requirements, including those with respect to degrees, examinations, and experience, without having to have obtained or maintained actual registration, certification or membership in a professional association.
- Candidates with foreign education credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency.
- Proficiency and experience in the maintenance, design and/or development of databases using MS Access and MS Excel (including the ability to use Pivot Tables and Power Query);
- Experience in interpreting and applying policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Experience in assessing, implementing, or improving internal controls.
- Experience in using integrated financial applications (such as: SAP / TEAM, Oracle / HRMIS, etc.);
- Proficiency and experience in using Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Experience in financial forecasting.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
English Essential, Bilingual imperative Profile(s) (e.g. BBB/BBB, CBC/CBC, BBC/BBC) or Bilingual Non-Imperative.
Information on language requirements
- Strategic Lens
- Results Driven
- Communication (written and oral)
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Willingness to work overtime on occasion.
- Availability and willingness to travel on occasion.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - of the RCMP.
All applicants for positions within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police will be subject to a thorough security clearance process which includes an interview wherein questions may include (but not limited to), reference checks, previous employment, on-line activities, credit checks, alcohol and/or drug use.
$62,049 to $87,044
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Candidates must meet all essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. This will be determined through the use of various evaluation tools.
Candidates may be required to meet the asset qualifications or the organizational needs, depending on the requirements of the specific position being staffed.
You must provide proof of education credentials. If you obtained your degree outside Canada, it is your responsibility to demonstrate its equivalence, please take a look at the following link for more information: https://www.cicic.ca
Please identify clearly your substantive group and level and your employment status on your resume and/or application form.
Our means of communication with applicants is via e-mail. Please ensure to include a functional e-mail address, which will accept messages from unknown users (some e-mail systems block these types of e-mails). It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
You will be required to provide Information on how you meet the essential qualifications (education, experience, and assets -if applicable) during the application process. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE CLEAR AND CONCRETE EXAMPLES IN YOUR RESPONSES TO EACH QUESTION, INCLUDING WHEN (FROM-TO), WHERE (OCCUPATIONAL TITLE, ORGANIZATION) AND HOW YOU OBTAINED YOUR EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND ASSETS (IF APPLICABLE).
It is recommended that you describe the experience examples in specific terms, providing sufficient details so that the Assessment Board can clearly understand. Describe the situation/task, the action you took, what you accomplished and/or what you learned. Content of your response must be supported by your CV/resume as your responses to these questions will be used as a primary source of information and your CV/resume will only be used to validate this information. SHOULD YOU INDICATE IN YOUR RESPONSE "PLEASE REFER TO CV/RESUME" YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED. Lack of EXAMPLES and DETAILS WILL result in your application being rejected as the Assessment Board will have insufficient information to determine if the requirement is met. The ASSET qualification(s) may be used for screening of applications. If you meet these asset qualifications(s), PLEASE CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE IN WRITING HOW YOU MEET THEM. Provide examples and describe the work/duties you have performed. Failure todo so may result in your application not being considered further during the screening process.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.