Mowi is a leading seafood company and the largest producer of salmon. Every day, our 14 537 employees in 25 countries produce 6.4 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe.
Mowi covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate, and through our vision of leading the “Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Mowi is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
About the Role
We are recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team at Mowi Canada East Inc. This position will be based out of our St. George, NB office with the possibility of remote work options. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your career and want to work with a skilled team, then this is the role for you!
Working for Mowi means joining a team of people who pride themselves on driving change and are committed to making a difference. From farming through to finance and marketing, passionate and dedicated individuals are what make Mowi the world leader in sustainable aquaculture. At Mowi, we have embraced sustainability as an opportunity and are very proud of producing food that is healthy for people and good for local communities and the planet.
Reporting to the Business Controller, you will play a crucial role in our company’s operations and be accountable for performing a variety of ongoing accounting and analytical activities.
They will include:
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings
- Preparation of forecasts and annual budgets
- Preparation, review and analysis of monthly financials and reports
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Conduct financial analysis on business unit results
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Fixed asset management
- Analysis of product and process costing
- Identify and recommend process improvements
What we are looking for
We are looking forward to hearing from ambitious and forward-thinking candidates who wish to work in a team environment. The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Current CPA designation
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to work within a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- Ability to show initiative and confident working independently
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Familiarity with Hyperion (HFM) and M3 (Movex ERP) considered a strong asset
- Willingness to participate in Mowi’s development and training opportunities
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada
What we offer
Along with being part of an experienced team with a global industry leader, we offer:
- Competitive wages and permanent, full-time work
- Matching company paid Pension Plan contributions (DCPP)
- Comprehensive Flex Benefits Plan including Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs including an annual wellness reimbursement
- Potential for Annual Bonus and Employee Stock Options Program
- Company provided Gear and PPE
- Opportunity to grow with a large global company
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Please click “Apply Now”.
Deadline to apply: October 7, 2022.
Mowi values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.