About the employer
Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Our clients benefit from personalized, quality service that is second to none. We have listed the services that we offer to our clients, together with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
- Audit and Review Engagement Services
- Accounting & Bookkeeping Services
- Tax Services
- Consulting Services
- Services for international clients
- Other Services
We understand the importance of earning your trust and respect through providing you with our "all" in every service we offer. By earning your trust and respect we form stronger relationships, and this is key to building client loyalty and, ultimately, the success of our firm.
These strong relationships also help us to better understand our clients’ needs and goals, and this is essential while working to form financial strategies to manage their business and personal situations.
When you seek out an advisor, you are not only asking them to ensure your numbers are correct, but to advise you on how to use these figures to assist you in making wise and timely business decisions. We take on this task with great satisfaction, as we believe, when our clients succeed we succeed.
About the role
We are looking for a staff member to join our team who can play a key role in providing accounting, assurance, income tax and other services to a wide variety of clients. A problem solver who, like us, is passionate about doing things right.
While there is no such thing as a 'typical' day, a day in the life of the staff accountant might include:
- Assisting with audit engagements
- Preparation of notice to reader and review engagements
- Financial statement preparation
- Corporate, personal and trust tax return preparation
- Various tax compliance preparation
- Provide ongoing assistance to clients as needed
- Completing other accounting and tax duties as required
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience working in public practice and possess the following qualifications:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Has high personal energy and enthusiasm toward work and displays a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Team player who is willing to take on additional responsibility
- Past graduate from a business administration program with a university or college with a focus on accounting or equivalent work experience
If you have these qualifications and would like to join our team, please send your resume to: [email protected]. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Whittaker & Estabrooks supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.