Based on feedback from our members, we have altered the FCPA nomination process to make it easier than ever before:
- CPAs or members of the general public can fill out an FCPA nomination form (just some contact details and simple support documentation) and tell us why their candidate should be accepted into Fellowship;
- Once accepted, the nominee will be contacted by CPA NB to provide any necessary details;
- Completed forms will be sent to the Member Recognition Committee for candidate review and selection!
You nominate the best, and we'll do the rest.
As you begin the process of nominating a member for the title of FCPA, please consider the following eligibility requirements:
- Individuals which clearly identify themselves as Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs) and are known and recognized as CPAs;
- A CPA who is in good standing, and who has rendered meritorious service to the profession and whose career and/or community achievements have brought honour to the profession; or
- Members who reside outside the province of New Brunswick may be considered for an FCPA if they meet the following criteria:
- contributions relevant to the New Brunswick CPA profession or community, and/or
- exceptional service to the Canadian or international CPA profession.
- The candidates’ service and accomplishments throughout their professional accounting career will be considered. (not reserved to their career as a CPA);
- There is no minimum requirement of years of membership to be eligible for nomination;
- FCPA designations are not granted posthumously.
Who can nominate?
A person nominating a candidate is either:
- a member of CPA New Brunswick (FCPA or CPA); or
- a member of the public (non-member) with two (2) supporting nominations from CPA New Brunswick members, if possible.
Note: Self-nomination is prohibited.
The CPA New Brunswick member is required to provide a supporting letter explaining why the candidate has been nominated.
A member of the public (non-member) is required to provide a supporting letter explaining why the candidate has been nominated, with two (2) letters of support with their nomination. Wherever possible, the additional letters of support should be CPA peers. When this is not possible, letters from credible sources are accepted. (i.e., immediate supervisor, CEO of company, colleagues, Board and/or committee colleagues, etc.)
All letters must clearly explain the candidate's merit of an FCPA recognition.
All letters must clearly indicate the relationship with the nominee.
Nominate a CPA for Fellowship!