We are currently seeking a qualified Senior Accountant to join our growing team at Spacek Armstrong & Norrad (“SAN”) in Fredericton.
About the firm
Our Firm currently consists of eight staff and three partners (five of our eleven firm members hold CPA, CA designations). We have experienced significant growth in recent years, and anticipate this trend to continue going forward. Demonstrated proficiency will provide significant future opportunities to our successful candidate.
The Firm provides assurance, tax planning, tax return preparation and advisory services to clients across a broad range of sectors. SAN is committed to creating an environment of continual learning, timely feedback and autonomy for our team members. Our Firm fundamentally believes operating in such an environment generates success for our clients, which translates into success for all of our SAN team members.
- Have a professional accounting designation with a minimum two years post-designation experience;
- Be an innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment;
- Self-starter, able to work independently; and
- Strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute various client engagements (assurance, tax, advisory, etc.);
- As required, completion of detail review of engagement files to ensure compliance with relevant professional standards and SAN policies;
- Preparation of the Firm’s more challenging client assignments for direct partner review;
- Assisting the partners with presentation of client deliverables;
- Hiring of junior staff;
- Direct supervision and mentoring of more junior personnel, including liaising with the partnership in respect of staff progress, assisting staff with client engagements, ensuring staff have appropriate experience requirements for the CPA program, etc.; and
- Assisting with the Firm’s ongoing professional development requirements.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Nick Norrad, CPA, CA, Partner, at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in our Firm!