The objective of the Emerging Leader award is to celebrate members who distinguished themselves early in their CPA career through professional achievement which can include also volunteer service, with the emphasis being on professional accomplishment (defined as extraordinary contribution to one or more areas of above-average organizational performance or success).
In order to qualify for the Emerging Leader Award, a nominee must:
- Be, and consistently have been, a member in good standing;
- Have less than 10 years post-designation status;
- Demonstrate significant achievements as outlined in the selection criteria;
- Be working for an employer other than CPA New Brunswick or CPA Canada;
- Receive the award only once; and,
- Not be bestowed the award posthumously.
Based on experience post designation only, and include one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstration of the nominee’s abilities relating to financial expertise, leadership, strategic thinking and business insight and how they contribute to achieving targeted objectives;
- Nature of the achievements and impact on the nominee’s organization, whether in public practice, business, industry, academia, NFP, or government;
- Originality and innovative nature of the achievements;
- Impact of the achievements on the targeted objectives, pursued outcomes, benefactor, or clientele.
- Demonstration of the nominee’s dynamism and determination in achieving targeted objectives or fulfilling responsibilities;
- Nature and significance of the responsibilities assumed by the nominee throughout his or her career and career path;
- Relationship between the nominee’s achievements and future goals in terms of career development.
Visibility of the profession:
- Contribution of the nominee’s achievements to the visibility and repute of the profession;
- Nomination files should highlight the fact that the candidate clearly identify themselves as a Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) and that they are known and recognized as a CPA.
While a nomination will not be overlooked in the absence of having performed community service or volunteer work, the inclusion of a nominee’s involvement in the community, in particular as volunteer with community or charitable organizations, other not-for-profit organizations or professional groups, shall carry import in the consideration of the nominee.
Nominators are not required to be a member of CPA New Brunswick, however must have known the nominee professionally for a minimum of two years.
Nominate an Emerging Leader!
Please note: Nominations for Emerging Leader Award can be submitted at any time throughout the year, however any submissions received after October 1st will be pushed through to the next year.